Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 4, 2010

38 Weeks with Baby Boy Mayer

I am terrible about making sure I have pictures of pregnant me, but John snuck a shot today at the Arboretum.  We are 38 weeks, 1 day pregnant with baby boy Mayer and looking forward to his arrival!  Carly is excited about brother coming.  I keep telling her that he'll be here after a birthday - first her birthday, then Uncle Robert's (August 31), and now Aubrey Cate's (September 8).  This week on Uncle Robert's birthday, I asked if she wanted to call Robert.  Her response?  "Can my baby come now?" 

Today we saw Aubrey Cate, and Carly excitedly told AC that baby brother was coming after AC's birthday!  I personally hope he holds out for several more days after AC's birthday, but who knows what he'll do! 
Note that Carly calls this baby her baby. She talks all the time about changing baby's diaper, feeding baby a bottle, giving him his pacifier, etc. I let her pick out a lovie to give him last week, so she is soooo ready for him to get here!

Brother has a name, but we haven't told anyone his name yet.  We jokingly call him Oscar (Oscar Mayer), but Carly only knows him as Brother. 


We'll post news of his arrival here soon! 

3 comments:

The Clem Family said...

Good for John for sneaking a preggo picture! You will enjoy having a few pictures of being preggo with Oscar. I love that particular picture....so sweet with Carly!

Lisa said...

You're adorable, Lana. This is a great shot. I can't wait for news about "Oscar!" : )

Jen said...

Lana -- you look so cute!! Love it. Good luck!