I took Tyler in for his 4 month appointment last Monday. He is 17 pounds, 3 ounces and 24.5 inches long. Carly was 17 pounds, 4 ounces and 24.5 inches long at the same age. Crazy!
At four months, Tyler is a happy, giggly baby most of the time. He had his first cold around 3 months (Christmas), and he had a cold this week that turned into two ear infections. He's not as smiley or giggly with those nasty colds, but he handles it pretty well. I hope he doesn't take after his sister with ear infections. She had several between 4 and 9 months old.
Tyler can roll from his tummy to his back but not his back to his tummy. He's working on sitting up, but he still has a ways to go. He does sit up in the Bumbo and his high chair to play for chunks of time. He's also playing in his excersaucer more. He loves to chew on rings, his hands, rattles, etc. He can also pass a toy from one hand to the other.
In the last month, I've noticed Tyler using his left hand more than his right. I could be wrong, but I suspect he may be left handed. Only time will tell!
In the last month, we stopped swaddling Tyler for naps and night time, but we did start giving him a paci. He had been breaking out of his swaddle almost every night for a few weeks. I was tired of waking up to comfort him at 3, 5, etc, so we moved to the paci. Unfortunately he has continued to wake up, probably due to his cold, but I hope he gets back to his 11 hour sleeping habits soon. He does calm down fast, but in the past week he has had several nights of waking at 2, 3, 4, 4:30, 5, 5:30 . . . Rough!
Tyler is still nursing, though he has had a couple of bottles of formula. We'll start him on rice cereal in a week or two - once he recovers from the ear infection.


No comments:
Post a Comment