Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, September 7, 2009

Dallas Zoo

We visited the Dallas Zoo this morning. This was our second visit this summer, and we explored the areas we didn't see last time.

(Note, forgot to take the camera, so these are camera phone pictures)

The Children's Zoo is impressive. They have this neat water feature in the middle. Carly enjoyed wading in the water with all the other kids.


The children's area also had pony rides and a petting zoo area with rabbits, a horse, a pig, and other animals. We also saw the ducks up close.

Carly wasn't interested in a real pony ride, but she enjoyed sitting in the saddle of the fake pony.

We also rode the monorail, and Carly insisted on a ride on the carousel. "I ride the zeba (zebra)", she said. Overall, I continue to be impressed with the Dallas Zoo. The elephant and giraffe exhibits are being upgraded soon, and the rest of the zoo is neat. I hope we make several more trips this year - when it is cooler!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

What a cutie that girl is! Her hair is so long and pretty. And I remember those Texas summers all too well. Enjoy the zoo in the fall (when your weather is like our summers : ) I miss you, Lana!